President, Tom Kashatus called the meeting to order on the above date and time, led those present in the Pledge of Allegiance and proceeded with the order of business.
Secretary, Linda Conner read the minutes from the previous meeting of July 27th 2010. Carol Marcincavage made a motion that the minutes be accepted as read and placed on file; seconded by Mary Margaret Kashatus, with all voting in favor.
Treasurer, Francis Zaleski read and presented the treasurers report. Heidi Selecky made a motion that the treasurers’ report be accepted as read and placed on file; seconded by Mary Jo Evans, with all voting in favor.
Reading of Bills and Communications
1. An invoice in the amount of $36.12 for the corporate seal was presented for payment.
2. A letter of appreciation from the Glen Lyon Crime Watch was presented thanking the organization for the monetary donation made towards the “National Night Out.” Karen Rejician and Mary Margaret Kashatus gave a brief report on the event.
3. A letter from the South Valley Chamber of Commerce and Newport Township Fire Department was presented regarding the 4th Annual Powwow and Gathering of all Peoples to be held Saturday, August 14th and Sunday, August 15th at the Newport Recreation Complex.
4. A letter from the South Valley Chamber of Commerce was presented regarding a Flea Market and Farmers Market to be held Saturday, August 21st at the John S. Fine High School parking lot.
5. A letter from the South Valley Chamber of Commerce was presented regarding the new radio station, GEM 104 and its’ purpose to serve the community by promoting local events.
6. A letter from the Nanticoke Softball Booster Club was presented asking for a donation towards defraying the cost of championship rings for the girls’ team, winners of the 2010 State Championship. Tom does not want to take any action at this time.
7. A communication from Kathleen Pettit regarding a local project was briefly mentioned. Tom does not want any further discussion on the matter at this time.
8. A letter from the Mill Memorial Library was presented asking for a donation towards the Children’s’ Reading and Craft program. As director of the program, Carol Marcincavage gave a brief report. Heidi Selecky made a motion to give $100.00; seconded by Linda Conner, with all voting in favor.
1. Membership – Tom reports that there are currently 160 paid members.
2. Summer Fun – Palmira reports that a swimming field trip to the Mocanaqua pool is scheduled for Thursday, August 12th and August 19th. Lunch will be provided. The approximate cost is $6-$7 per child and Palmira was to be given $200.00 for expenses from the Summer Fun Program reserve.
3. Fundraising – Saint Stansilaus’ Orphanage, the 3rd collectible miniature in the historic site series, is being readied for production. Heidi had nothing further to report at this time.
4. Recycling – Tom will need some assistance loading metal on Saturday, August 14th on East Enterprise Street in Glen Lyon. Anyone interested in lending a hand should contact Tom.
5. Fall Festival – Palmira reports that a meeting will be held Wednesday, August 18th at the municipal building to discuss the event. Anyone interested in volunteering is asked to attend.
6. Publicity – John mentioned that the meeting would be a good opportunity to get a photo of the Festival Committee for the newspaper. Confirmation of the time and place will be announced.
Good of the Organization
Francis Zaleski made a motion to adjourn the meeting; seconded by Mary Margaret Kashatus, with all voting in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25pm.
Submitted by: Linda Conner