President, Tom Kashatus called the meeting to order on the above date and time, led those present in the Pledge of Allegiance. Before proceeding with the order of business, Tom introduced guest attendees: Gerald Mullery, Jamie Miller and her son, Aaron.
Secretary, Linda Conner read the minutes from the previous meeting of August 10th 2010. Mary Jo Evans made a motion that the minutes be accepted as read and placed on file; seconded by Mary Margaret Kashatus, with all voting in favor.
Treasurer, Francis Zaleski read and presented the treasurers report. Heidi Selecky made a motion that the treasurers’ report be accepted as read and placed on file; seconded by Bill Hourigan, with all voting in favor.
Reading of Bills and Communications
1. Two invoices totaling $161.12 from Davis Trophies for the deceased members plaques and “Donated by NTCO” signs were presented for payment. Stephen Phillips made a motion that the invoices be paid; seconded by Bill Hourigan, with all voting in favor. The items were passed around for everyone to see.
2. A letter from the Greater Shickshinny Area Business Association was presented announcing their Eight Annual Community Mixer Banquet to be held Saturday, October 2nd 2010 at the Shickshinny Fire Hall. Tickets are $23.00 per person. All NTCO members are invited to attend.
3. A representative of Luzerne County Community College contacted Tom and asked that NTCO submit photographs for the 2010 time capsule. Tom left the choice of photos to Heidi Selecky and Paul Jarecki.
4. A letter from the Mill Memorial Library was presented thanking NTCO for the $100 donation to the Children’s Reading & Crafts program.
5. A $10 donation was received from Jesse Olshefski in appreciation of the good work by NTCO.
1. Membership – Tom reports that there are currently 160 paid members and emphasized that recruiting new members is the responsibility of all members.
2. Summer Fun – On behalf on Palmira Gregory Miller, Tom presented the final report and cost analysis for the kids’ swimming event held August 12th and 19th. A photograph taken at the Mocanaqua Pool was passed around for everyone to see.
3. Fundraising – The design has been finalized for the Saint Stansilaus’ Orphanage, the 3rd collectible miniature in the historic site series. Heidi presented a copy of the design, which was passed around for everyone to see. With both the miniatures & calendars ready for production, Heidi reports that approximately $800.00 is needed above the $988.62 reserve. After a brief discussion, Carolyn Phillips made a motion to give $811.38 above the reserve for a total of $1,800.00; seconded by Mary Jo Evans, with all voting in favor. Heidi also reported that assistance is needed with identifying members on a photograph of the Polish Dance Class (circa 1950) that will be featured in the calendar. Tom thanked both Heidi and Paul for a job well done.
4. Recycling – Tom asked for assistance loading some heavy items for metal recycling. Anyone interested in lending a hand should contact Tom.
5. Fall Festival – Tom gave a brief update on the progress being made since the last meeting of the Fall Festival committee members. Items discussed were the Chili contest, Apple Pie contest, Car Show with breakfast, Crafters, Hay ride, and possible coloring and/or pumpkin carving contest for the kids. Anyone interested in volunteering is asked to attend the next committee meeting.
6. Editorial – Bill Hourigan reports that articles of interest are needed for the 3rd quarter newsletter. Tom remains concerned on the printing costs of the newsletter versus the revenue made on advertisements. It was reported that both Joe Malone and Karen Rejician have offered their assistance in obtaining new advertisers.
Good of the Organization
Francis Zaleski made a motion to adjourn the meeting; seconded by Bill Hourigan, with all voting in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 8:25pm.
Submitted by: Linda Conner