President, Tom Kashatus called the meeting to order on the above date and time. The Pledge of Allegiance was said by all present, proceeded with the order of business.
Secretary, Linda Conner read the minutes from the previous meeting of May 11th 2010. Mary Margaret Kashatus made a motion to accept the minutes as read and placed on file, seconded by Russ Sager; all voted in favor.
Treasurer, Francis Zaleski read and presented the treasurers report. Steve Masakowski made a motion to accept the treasurers’ report as read and placed on file, seconded by Heidi Selecky; with all present voting in favor.
The Treasurer presented the following bills for payment:
To Quality Host Online, $21.00 and to GoDaddy.com, $20.00 for website maintenance. Both items have already been allowed for in the website reserve. No voting was necessary.
President, Tom Kashatus reports:
2010 membership stands at 146 members.
1st Vice President, Palmira Miller reports:
1. The Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center is holding a seminar entitled “Form 990 training: Public Relations Opportunity or Trap for the unwary” on Thursday, June 17th from 9:00am to 12:00pm in Moosic. Palmira thought that this might be something current treasurer, Francis Zaleski and board member, Steve Masakowski would want to attend.
2. A brief accounting of the “Great American Clean Up” was provided by Palmira. More details and pictures will be available in the upcoming newsletter.
2nd Vice President, Bill Hourigan had no report at that time.
1. Applications for the children’s Summer Fun program are ready and in circulation. Chair Melissa Bova was not present for update.
2. Newport Township Recreation Advisory Board was informed that NTCO would spend up to $1,000.00 for the purchase of requested items for Coal Street Park.
1. The date of Saturday, October 9th has been agreed for the Fall Festival, though it is still unclear whether the grounds at Holy Child have been reserved.
2. Mike Yalsh indicated that he would still assist in a car show event whether the Fall Festival was held or not.
Good of the Organization
Francis Zaleski made a motion to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Palmira Miller; all voted in favor.
Meeting adjourned at 7:50 pm.
Submitted by: Linda Conner